Sunday, September 20, 2009

Sinclair Christian Academy PE (3 hours)

This was very interesting, but pretty enjoyable as well. This was my first time helping out with this PE class, and it was also the one day Ms. Everett was out. So the two other exercise science girls and me had to really help control the out of control kids. Overall though the younger ones ended up listening and I was at the kick ball station and we ended up having a great time. It blew my mind, though, how out of shape the majority of these children were. It makes me sad to see this is the way that our society is going in. After running only one lap some of the children acted as if they were about to pass out. Somehow, someway we are going to have to get the children of our country to become more active. The high school students were a lot of fun. We played the basketball game Gotcha or Knock Out with them. They seemed to enjoy it and showed a lot of improvement in their basketball skills from the beginning of the class to the end. I think I will try to do this at least once a week.

1 comment:

  1. AWESOME AWESOME JOB!!! LOVE your blog, especially the way you've organized it. Thanks and keep it up!

    ReplyDelete