Sunday, September 20, 2009

Basketball Workouts 9/16 (1 hour)

Since the golf tourney was on Monday and I had to work on Friday from 12-5 I was only able to attend the basketball workouts one time this week. This was a misfortune, because I love helping with their workouts. Wednesday was very intense though. This was their first workout with the ropes that Doc created for the year. It looked to be extremely difficult. There were twenty stations and between each station they had to run a lap. After calculation I figured out that that would be about 2 and 1/2 miles of running along with intense core training. I was manned at the tsunami wave and the alternate arm motion wave. The trouble that I mostly saw with their form was that they were trying to get the burst of force from their arms instead of letting it come from the ground through their legs. So that was the main correction I had to watch out for. They did very well though and at the end of the workout no one passed out or did anything crazy on us, so that was a plus.

No comments:

Post a Comment